Post a Score is the new way to record casual play!
Here are the guidelines:
- Self-posted scores are not Verified.
- Only self-post scores from individual play. If you want to post scores from an organized event, please contact the event organizer to post results for the entire event.
- Your opponents must review and confirm the score before it is posted publicly on player profiles and counts for the rating. Until the score is confirmed, it will be in a “pending” state.
- You can delete any scores that you posted incorrectly.
- Once the posted score is confirmed, everyone’s ratings will update within 24 hours.
- If your opponent(s)/partner are not on UTR, you will have to invite them via email. The score will remain in a “pending” state until they register for UTR and confirm the score.
- The match score must have at least one player win 4 games in order to count for the rating (i.e. at least one set to 4 games).
- Learn more about how the rating works on our support site.
Here's how to self-post your casual play scores:
Sign into your MyUTR.com account from your computer and click the green Post button in the top right corner of your account and select Post Score:
Once you're on the Post Score screen you'll notice that you can search for and select your opponent at the top of the screen and you have the option to input a score for up to 3 sets:
Please note the following guidelines pertaining to format prior to inputting your score and keep these formatting guidelines in mind when playing and reporting individual matches:
1. UTR accepts the best 2 of 3 sets format and pro-set formats (8 game or 10 game)
2. Short Sets (or Fast 4 Sets) are also accepted. In a short set, players will play to 4 games instead of the traditional 6 games.
3. Doubles scores, be it mixed or gender-specific, are accepted.
4. Incomplete matches are accepted, but please note that not all incomplete matches will count towards your UTR calculation.
5. Tiebreaks are accepted and are to be recorded as follows:
A. MATCH TIE-BREAKS
1. 7 POINTS — When the score in a match is one set all, or two sets all in best of five sets matches, one tie-break game shall be played to decide the match. This tie-break game replaces the deciding final set. The player/team who first wins seven points shall win this match tie-break and the match provided there is a margin of two points over the opponent(s).
2. 10 POINTS — When the score in a match is one set all, or two sets all in best of five sets matches, one tie-break game shall be played to decide the match. This tie-break game replaces the deciding final set. The player/team who first wins ten points shall win this match tie-break and the match provided there is a margin of two points over the opponent(s). A 10-Point Match Tiebreak (first to 10 by a margin of 2) can be played in lieu of a deciding final set.
B. PRO-SET TIE-BREAK
1. If the score reaches 8-all, a 7-Point Tiebreak (first to 7 by a margin of 2) is played, with the winner of the tiebreak winning the match by a score of 9-8(x) where x is the number of points won by the player or team who lost.
2. Alternatively, a 10-Point Tiebreak (first to 10 by a margin of 2) may be used to decide the winner of a pro set.
C. SHORT SET TIE-BREAK
1. When playing Short Sets only, a Short Set tie-break may be used instead of a regular 7-point tie-break. The first player/team to win five points wins the “Game” and “Set,” with a deciding point if the score reaches four all.
In order to prompt the system to allow you to input a tiebreak, you will need to first input 1-0 for the set score and then it will populate additional boxes for you to input the tiebreak result:
For doubles you will need to select Add Doubles Players in order to populate the additional player boxes, you'll then just search for their names and add the score:
Once you're done inputting your score click Post Score and you're all set!
Please note that your opponents have the option to either confirm or deny the result.
If an opponent isn't searchable in the Post Score feature, they haven't activated their profile with their account yet and you will need to input their email to invite them to join MyUTR.com in order to have the results confirmed.