UTR has created guidelines for UTR Events and UTR Members to protect players, organizers, and the health of the sport. Reported or discovered violation of these guidelines will be reviewed by the UTR Safety Committee before action is taken.
UTR Organizer Guidelines
UTR Organizers may not:
1. Share or “sub-license” a digital club license with other individuals and/or entities.
2. Violate the Verified rules (when running a Verified event). Events must have:
a. An official present to mitigate disputes at all Verified events (no Verified flex leagues or self-scheduled and reported matches allowed).
i. Officials must be at least 18 years old, not participating in the event, and with no familial ties to any event participants. Organizers may play in the event if a separate official is designated.
b. Results must be submitted within 48 hours of the event end date.
3. At any time directly or indirectly verbally abuse any official, opponent, sponsor, spectator or other person(s) within the precincts of the event site.
4. Have three (3) parent and/or player complaints lodged in a six month period
5. Take payment off the platform when the agreement states that payment will occur on platform
6. Fail to clearly communicate and execute event refund policy
7. Fail a background check
8. Fail to report players in direct violation of UTR’s Player Guidelines. Players must not:
a. “Tank” matches. A player shall always use their best efforts to win a match when competing
b. Participate in UTR events if they have violated TIU (Tennis Integrity Unit) rules
c. Participate in match-fixing in any form
d. Make any attempt to manipulate the Universal Tennis Rating, results, or data
9. Misuse UTR brand imagery or property: You may not purport yourself to be the “official” UTR Provider in your region or area on social media or email. You may not brand your events similar to UTR owned and operated initiatives like but not limited to, UTR Team Tennis, UTR Flex Leagues, UTR National Championship Series, etc. The use of “UTR” may not be used in any of your social media handles. Additionally, UTR or Universal Tennis may not be used in digital club names or event descriptions.
10. Use your Club License to run events at more than one location (except for event “spillover”, which must take place at no more than one facility less than twenty miles from the initial event location).
Players may not:
1. At any time directly or indirectly verbally abuse any official, opponent, sponsor, spectator or other person(s) within the precincts of the event site. Players may be banned from UTR Events and/or MyUTR.com should they have three (3) complaints filed by organizers or players in relation to:
a. Unsportsmanlike conduct: acts of violence, disrespectful behavior, cheating, illegal substance abuse, destruction of property, gambling activities, match-fixing/game arranging.
b. “Tank” matches. A player shall always use their best efforts to win a match when competing. For purposes of this rule, the Referee, designated official, and/or the Chair Umpire shall have the authority to identify the behavior and end the match.
c. Improper withdrawal and/or defaults--notice must be given to the organizer 24 hours prior
2. Violate the rules of the Tennis Anti-Corruption Program (TACP), Tennis Anti-Doping Programme (TADP) or Tennis Integrity Unit (TIU)
3. Attempt to or successfully claim the profile of a player other than one’s self
4. Send inappropriate messages inside or outside of the UTR platform
5. Impersonate another player or organizer
6. Attempt to manipulate the Universal Tennis Rating, results, or data in any way
7. Misuse of UTR brand imagery or property
UTR has a zero-tolerance policy regarding:
1. Racism, sexism, physical abuse
2. Tanking, match-fixing, manipulation of data
3. Failed background checks
4. Actions that conflict with rules and guidelines set by: Tennis Anti-Corruption Program (TACP), Tennis Anti-Doping Programme (TADP) or Tennis Integrity Unit (TIU)
If you have any questions or concerns about these rules or would like to report a violation, please go to support.myutr.com.